Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My son wants to learn to crochet!!!

I got so excited tonight when my 10 year old son asked if I'd teach him to crochet. I've been working on a Spiderman rr for him and I had been working on it while waiting for church to start. I put it up once church started but he pulled it back out. I thought he just wanted to look at it and see what I'd done but then he got my hook out and put it in the loop and started trying to "crochet". He whispered and asked if he could crochet and I told him to go ahead thinking he was just playing but then he asked me to show him how.

That's too much to talk about in church but I told him I'd let him pick some yarn out of my stash when we got home and I'd teach him. So now he's got his yarn picked out and I'm going to start working with him tomorrow. He gets easily frustrated when something he thinks is going to be easy turns out to be harder than he thought so I hope he doesn't give up when the yarn doesn't flow right through his fingers like it does mine.

He wants to make an afghan and asked me before he went to bed how to change colors. I told him to let me teach him some basic stitches first and after he practices on something small we might could try a simple afghan pattern. This may go nowhere but at least for tonight, I'm a proud momma.

No comments: