Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's been a week

It's actually been quite a week. I had to take my daughter to the doctor because she wrecked on my son's dirtbike (she's going to be ok). Work was rough (don't even want to go there) and the yesterday I had to pick my son up from school early because he was sick (feeling much better today). To update...first my Baby Birds...we spanked the yankees last night 8-2. That 7 run inning sure was sweet. I just love Dave Trembley and I hope they re-sign him to a nice long contract.

We need his kind of enthusiasm and knowledge of the game if we're going to get where we're going especially with the young 'uns we've got playing for us. I was watching Nick Markakis and Adam Jones run off the field together last night and I told my husband "There goes our future right there." His response was "what?" (He doesn't pay any attention to baseball.) Our future is definitely bright with those two to build around. Now if they'll just keep BRob.

I've also completed my food log for the week and have set my goals for the coming week. My calorie goal is 2100 and my step goal is 6400 per day. I didn't realize how many calories I was putting away in a day. No wonder I'm gaining 20 lbs a year. I'm going to see if I can't slowly bring that number down. Did I mention I got one of Jimbo's chophooks and I also won one of his hooks off his auction this week? I can't wait to get it. I'll use it to work on my son's Spiderman rr. I'm using the chophook to start a Seraphina shawl. Something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

This is going to be a practice shawl made from scrap yarn from my stash. I figure this way I can learn the pattern and then find some really nice yarn to make another Seraphina shawl.

No comments: